Sunday, November 9, 2008

Wrap N Mat and more....

Well, i've been trying out the Wrap-N-Mat for a few weeks now, and have to say, I love it! I've not had a single stale or soggy sandwich (and I was worried about soggy), and have actually liked it for a reason I hadn't even thought of when I bought it - space. It ends up much smaller than my usual plastic box, so has fitted into my lunch box much easier, it's also more flexible so fits into tight corners. 

Can wrap up the smallest to the largest sandwiches. To wash up I throw it in with my dishes and wash it first, hang it up to dry and it's ready to go the next morning. 

I really like that it gives me more space in my lunch box - it means I can throw a second cold pack in there too, which in Hawaii has been a real bonus. Enough room for sandwiches, apple and homemade yogurt. Yum! 

So what other things am I loving around the house right now......

My Tupperware Quick Shake - I've had this for a few years and love love love it! My mum always had one at home too, so when I saw one in a store a few years ago I picked one up. When you don't have (or have room for) an electric mixer, this little gadget is a lifesaver. I've always loved it for making cake batters (also good for pancake and waffle), but recently i've been using it to make up my dry milk in - no lumps and fits nicely in the fridge door! 

Don't know what to do with all those left over soap scraps? Make yourself a little scrubby bag with double stitch crochet - scrubs and lets the suds through, and when you put in a new bar, just leave the old pieces in there too and they'll be all used up. This one is made from bamboo fiber, so is also naturally anti-bacterial. 

My beloved Easy Yo yogurt maker. This is from the UK (though they're made in New Zealand). There are alot of makers out there and ways to make yogurt in your oven or on a heat mat, but the reason I love this so much is that it's basically a thermos - so no electricity or constant warming needed and you can throw it up on a shelf while it's cooking away, so no extra counter space needed either. And so easy.....put the ingredients in the yogurt tub, mix well, put boiling water in the thermos up to the level inside, put the yogurt tub in there, screw on the lid, leave overnight and the next morning - lots of yummy FIRM yogurt! They also have some really yummy packet mixes you can get (Stian sends me a few now and then from NZ when he's there!), but it works just as well with totally from scratch too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What perfect timing to recommend things. I just saw wrap 'n mats at the local supermaket and remembered that you had special ordered yours. How nice to learn that you are so pleased.

Nicola said...

i love the tips and love the crochet soap bag we have!

Kyla said...

Great blog. I'm just wondering how you make yoghurt is your easiyo maker without using the packet mix - any help much appreciated