Monday, November 3, 2008

The simple things.....

A phone call from Stian at 3pm left me smiling for the rest of the day. I should clarify, two 1 minute phone calls (in rapid succession after being cut off) from Stian who is out on the McMurdo ice shelf in Antarctica. They left for the ice over a week ago and have yet to have their communications set up, so this is the first i've heard from him since then. So even if it was two really short, really crappy reception, satellite phone calls, it was wonderful to hear from him briefly, and I still have a grin on my face. They are doing well, had issues with equipment and getting people working, but they are getting there. And it sounds pretty damn cold....:0)

Stian, you're awesome, even in two 1 minute bursts......:0)

....wow....I just looked in the mirror and at somepoint in my day I drew on my forehead in blue pen. I hope I didn't do it before I taught my grad class.........

2 comments:

K-Way said...

Nice job with the pen...however, I didn't see anything when I was Skyping you...however you probably had washed it off by this point. I once had toothpaste in the corners of my mouth and Christian on the bus up to Clark from the Hole was kind enough to tell me, after I had gone 3 hours in the lab and no one said a thing.

Anonymous said...

And now the smile is on my face about Stian calling you. Three cheers!