Sunday, November 2, 2008

Note to self....

Recipes that call for 2lbs of raisins might be a little too large to cook in Grodnick's kitchen......not to mention running out of pans.......:0)

But now I have lots of yummy Mincemeat for Christmas! Seemingly impossible to get in Hawaii, I decided to try making my own this year, they have to "mature" for a month before eating, but i'll let you know how it turns out! 

Yum yum! My first experience canning too, just hoping those tops 'pop' when the oven cools. 

ps.....Mincemeat for all those non-uk-ites out there is basically a fruit pie filling with raisins, cranberries, apples and lots of spices and brandy. Mmmmmmm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Homemade mincemeat! Hearing canning lids pop has to rank right up there with some of the most satisfying sounds in the world!

BookyG said...

My father loves mince meat, we always hated it. Everyother year or so my mom would get him a mince meat pie for Christmas dinner, while we enjoyed apple, or pecan, or cherry. I still don't like mince meat, but Tom hates coconut, everyone has their own tastebuds.

Nicola said...

now i know what you canned!