Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nappies, Diapers and Aunts!

As i've blogged about before in mid-Jan 2009 I am going to be an Aunt for the second time, and am so excited about it, my older brother and sister in law are going to be first time parents! They've also decided they want to do a mix of cloth and disposable nappies, so I said I would get them some from here and send them over to them, not a huge amount, but a few different brands they wouldn't get in the UK to try out alongside what they get. Luckily there is both a really nice small store here that sells such things, and a number of my blog-buddies have recently blogged about which are the best, so that has been really helpful. I now know more than I ever wanted to know about babies bottoms. 

It might seem like a weird thing to buy and send over, but a) they are cheaper here than in the UK (about half the price - you pay in pounds what you pay in $$) and b) it makes me feel a little closer and like i'm helping, when I'm so far away. One of the hardest things both about living abroad and this job is being away for such events. When Jack (my nephew of my younger brother) was born I was out in the NE Atlantic in a hurricane and didn't meet him for a month. Looks like I will be headed to the Antarctic and won't meet my niece for probably 3 or 4 months. 

One of the best finds though has been a black nappy cover! Yes babies, nieces and black don't seem like they should go together, but if you knew my brother and sister in law you would understand. Te he. 

4 comments:

PleaseRecycle said...

I am drooling! That looks like one of the best new baby gifts ever. Good selections.

And BTW, Mollie and I enjoyed the baby animals slide show!

RGW said...

Isn't it adorable, made me all mushy seeing that slideshow. And thanks on the diapers, your posts on the subject really helped!

BookyG said...

I'm jealous!

Nicola said...

YAY! i love it! and thanks for using my code on PB! generous gift!!!!!!